Simply Classic

A blog about Classical Music

My Photo
Name:
Location: Firenze, FI, Italy

Hi! I'm a graphic designer and architect from Firenze, Italy. I love jazz, Sci-FI cinema and internet!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Britten abd Bliss

 

Classical Music CD Review
After listening to Ralph Vaughan Williams' Concerto in A minor for Oboe and Strings, I've been on an oboe kick. Luckily, I received this album not to many days ago to review. I absolutely love Britten's Phantasy Quartet No. 2, featuring an oboe performed by famous oboist, Alex Klein. It's hands down the best work on the album. Half the album has a modern, yet refined classical sound, while the latter half does not. For the beginner, Britten and Bliss may not be the album for you.

1 Comments:

Blogger yusufyusuf said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home